Monday, April 16, 2007

Bismallah

Some of you will remember me telling you about Bismallah when I found her back in January. Those of you who are new here can read about her in My Critters (label on sidebar), or follow the several links below that will lead you to the Bismallah stories and baby pictures.

Surprise (how I found this baby)

Critter Corner (more on my baby bird)

Life In The... ummmm, Fast Lane? (includes pictures of a growing Bismallah)

My Family (a bit on Bismallah's continued growth)

Photo Hunters #5 - Clean (where she played a part in my fun)

Tackle It Tuesday #2 (helping me clean my truck)


These are photos I took of Bismallah on Saturday, April 14, just two days ago:




Click on photos for larger view

She was having such fun playing in the yard near where I was working at building a rack on my truck. (See Tackle It Tuesday for more on the rack)

Each day lately, I’ve been putting Bis outside so she can play instead of being stuck in the cage in the house. To take her from the cage, I just put my hand in and she hops up onto it and walks out onto my arm. After I pet her a bit, she hops up onto my head for the ride outside. I put my hand up onto my head for her to climb on so I can give her “an elevator ride” down closer to the ground. She hops down, then runs and flaps her wings, such a happy young bird. When I go outside she comes to me and if I’m working out there for awhile she plays around near where I am. If the other chickens are out for awhile, she doesn’t go anywhere near them, I guess she doesn’t know what those strange animals are, haha. In the evenings I can always find Bismallah in the carport, always in the same corner, waiting for me to come outside, or come home, to bring her into the house where her food awaits her in the cage. This little chicken has brought me much joy and laughter.

This evening when I went to get her she was not in her corner of the carport. She is not in the carport at all. Nor is she anywhere I can see out in the yard. If you know chickens, you know this is very much cause for alarm. I am worried that perhaps a neighborhood dog, or more likely a hawk, has had a chicken dinner today… tho I pray not. I’m missing my little Bisy bird. I will be up early tomorrow to be outside looking for my very special bird.


I can hear it raining/storming outside now...

EDIT: Tuesday April 17 at 11:05pm

It is with great sadness that I update this post. My beautiful little Bismallah is gone. I've found no trace of her at all, not even a feather. The only thing I can think is that a hawk swooped down and took her away from me. My heart is aching... a part of me is gone with her.

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I feel like crying along with you. I will send up a prayer to St. Francis for Bis's safe return.

Deeply saddened,
Barbara

clairesgarden said...

oh I hope she turns up soon.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thank you both... all prayers for her safe return home are gratefully accepted. She is a very special bird to me and to God.

Travis Cody said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I hope you find her.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thanks Travis. I wish I had found her too :o(

Shaz said...

Lets hope she's home soon x x