Monday, April 16, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #4

Job #1 - I had planned to take “before” photos of my truck with the canopy still on it, but forgot to… sigh. Oh well, the important part is here. My friend Dan came over about noon and helped me take the canopy off. Then together (him doing most of the work) we built a rack on the truck. I won’t have my dog ride in the back of the truck without protection, so this will keep her safe from jumping or falling out. In the case of a bad crash it won’t help much, but neither would the cracked fiberglass canopy. I’ll likely put the canopy back on for winter to keep her out of the wind, but in summer I want her to be as cool as possible. Mostly, unless I am going “point A to point B”, I have to leave Reba home in summer as it’s too hot to leave an animal in the truck. With this though, it won’t be any hotter for her than if she was home in her run, so I will be able to take her with me even if she has to stay in the truck awhile before or after visiting the dog park for a walk and play in the water.


It wasn't until I was posting these that I realized I hadn't taken a photo when we finished working on it. Geeeeeezzz. Guess I'll have to go take one early in the morning when it's light out (it's Monday night as I work on this post) and take a pic of how it is now, to edit it into this post (so if you're reading it before I add the last pic, don't forget to come back). I think it looks pretty cool so far, but it's not finished yet. We ran out of material before we had it all done. It still needs a gate on the back of it... then my "Redneck Rotti Hauler" will be complete... then I will post the finished product too.


Job #2 - While he was here, Dan put up a satalite dish for me, too. Since I have cable and watch too much TV already, I didn't think I needed a satalite system, but he thought I did, so it's up and running now, hah The ladder was on the tailgate of my truck to get him high enough to do this.



If you have a Tackle It Tuesday post up, please leave a link to it with Mr. Linky. If you do or if you don't have a TIT post up, please leave a comment before you go. Thank you.

10 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

wow! Busy busy!
great tackle!
have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

WOW - that's soo cool! :) Great work!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Great Job. Thanks for the pictures and explanation. We have dogs too and I am glad you are making it safer for him to travel with you. I love your blog and calender. Enjoy your week and many blessings to you.

In his endless love,

Angel

Lauren said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great job on your tackle! :-)

In Light of the Truth... said...

great projects! Happy Tuesday!

By the grace of God ... said...

Our dog loves to ride in the back too -- I will be back to see what the finished product looks like so I can show my husband!! Great tackle.

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe you got so distracted by his butt that you forgot about it?

*giggles*

Very good tackle, animal friendly one, I like that you're thinking on your dogs well being :-)

Travis Cody said...

Great projects!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of work!

Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)