Monday, April 16, 2007

Manic Monday - tax


Every Friday, Morgen at It's A Blog Eats Blog World posts a word for everyone (who chooses to join in with the Manic Monday meme) to post about on the following Monday. This week, the word is tax , so can use any of these words: taxes, taxed, taxing, taxable, tax-base, tax exempt, tax stamp, taxidermy, taxonomy.

With only 24 hours in the day, I'm finding it very taxing to keep up my blog and my real life lately. There is a lot that I'm not getting done around here because I spend so much time on the computer "promoting" my blog posts on Manic Monday, Tackle It Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Weightloss Wednesday, Photo Hunters (Saturday). I very much enjoy doing all of these, and I want to keep doing them. I also want to have a maid to clean my house and a gardener to do all the work outside. The taxing, time consuming part isn't the creativity of doing the post, that for me is fun and sometimes a challenge that can tax the brain and make it think. What I find so taxing of my time is the promoting part. Now don't get me wrong here, I very much enjoy surfing around and looking at all the posts everyone has created and shared with all of us in Bloggerville. It's just that reading 40, 50, even 60 blogs a day takes a lot of time and energy away from what I am avoiding doing, haha. I really have to push myself to clean this place up and keep it clean, and have to quit avoiding it... sigh. I guess I just have to make the posts and not do so much of the promotion.

So now I will give you some graphics that might tax your brain. You may want to click on them to see a larger version:









I'm feeling like this person a lot lately, hahaha.

I have lots more of these, but for now will "Kiss off" and go do some work. Wishing you all a wonderful day filled with laughter and joy.



Now what you do, if you have a Manic Monday post on your blog, you click on Mr. Linkie and leave a link to your blog so myself and others can come have a look. If you do or don't have Manic Monday post, please still click on "Fabulous Feedbacks" and leave me a message.




8 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

You might consider becoming independently wealthy. I understand it is possible to hire people to do your cleaning for you.

Great funny photos.

Sandee said...

Excellent post. You certainly do have a lot of creativity. Loved all the photographs too. Have a wonderful Manic Monday.

Lisa Ryan said...

Great photos Alice! It is hard to make time for everything isn't it? Happy Manic Monday!

Anonymous said...

ackkk.. i just came to tell you i tagged you with a blog tag, and then i read you're "taxed."
i do hope you play though, i love coming by to see your wonderful pictures!

Mo and The Purries said...

Hmmm... those pictures sure taxed my brain alright!
I love the little asian man painting the finger nails!
Thanks for participating in Manic Mondays! (even if it is taking time away from your real life!)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

very interesting take on it! yes, you need a maid my friend so you can continue your posting in earnest! ha ha

smiles, bee

Travis Cody said...

Those are some freaky pics!

I understand about the time it takes sometimes to blog. But when it becomes pressure packed, that's when I step back and remember that blogging is fun!!

Part of that fun is roaming about the bloggosphere and seeing what other folks are doing. I wish I could read everything, but that's not gonna happen.

What's the answer?? If you find it, blog it darlin!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Jamie - I have been considering this for a long time... just haven't figured out how yet! I'm open to any suggestions.

Comedy + - Thank you, thank you. Visit often, there's lots of "different stuff" happens here.

Lisa - thanks. Ya, it sure is... and so many things cut into my nap time... grrrrr. :o)

Fatty - I'll try to get to that "tag" in the next few days... before I head off for the weekend. I'm glad you like my stuff here.

Morgen - they are pretty incredible pics, aren't they. I'll share more another time. People email me the strangest things, haha. Thankfully, tax time passes, and I'm sure my feeling "taxed" will too.

Bee - I agree, I need people to do my work for me so I can blog... priorities must be kept straight, after all. :o)

Travis - I love the way you think :o) ... I always enjoy reading your comments.

Thanks to everyone of you for taking time from your busy lives to come visit and comment. It is appreciated!!