Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #2


Last week I made an "introductory" post, but this is the first post I've actually done for Tackle It Tuesday where I show some photos of a project I did. I started a few others this week too, but due to challenges with my back I was unable to walk for 2 days, so got rather behind. So this is the only one where I can truly say "I Did It".


In the fall someone gave me several "garbage bags" full of nice clean straw. It was for my chickens, and I did use a lot of it in the chicken house, but left some of it in the back of the truck (in storage) and the dog managed to rip open the bags with her nails just by walking on them every time we went anywhere. This was okay as it gave her lots of straw for comfort when going for a ride with me all winter. There's a lot more straw in there than you can see in this photo. Tools, ropes, antifreeze, and several other "things" ended up in there too. On one trip I had a flat tire and couldn't change it as the spare was rusted on to the rack underneath the truck. So I got my mechanic to get it free for me and it also ended up in the back of the truck.


I need to get a frame made to attach the tire to the side of the box, and will do that soon. I also need to wash it all out in there to remove the last of the straw and of course any dirt. The outside water is not yet turned on here, but soon will be, so the last of this job will have to wait until then. I like to leave the antifreeze bottle in there and will ad some water to it too. You never know when you might need these things when driving somewhere. I would like to get a box in there some day for keeping tools and such in, just in case. Even if I don't know how to fix stuff, someone might come along and be able to help me if I have the tools.

The chicken, in case you're wondering, is Bismallah. I found her (January 20) as a tiny chick, almost dead, and raised her in the house where she still lives until it's a bit warmer out than it is yet. She spends time outside most days now, but is still inside in her cage at night. She's a real little pet. For her story and early photos, click here.... then here. Or you can just go to My Critters (link is under Labels in the sideboard) where those 2 posts are as well as others that include the growing of Bismallah.


If you have a Tackle It Tuesday post up, please leave a link to it with Mr. Linky. If you do or if you don't have a TIT post up, please leave a comment before you go. Thank you.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!!

8 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Great project. Good for you for being prepared. You should have tools, water, flashlight, and roadside flares in the car - just to name a few things.

Yeesh! I sound like my stepdad. But he taught me to be prepared for all eventualities.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Hey there Canadian girl how are you doing? Sorry I have not bee communicating lately, just been busy, busy, busy. Hope this finds you well and happy. Have a nice day.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Great job! Hope you're feeling better now!

Lisa Ryan said...

what a great project completed! congrats. and I love your chicken, Bismallah.

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Whew - that looked like a big job. Reminds me I need to tackle the inside of my car - it looks about the same :)

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Travis - I don't have a flash light, but do have a spotlight with a really long cord that plugs into the cigarette lighter. You're right that it is good to be prepared... just in case. Good for your step father teaching you to be prepared for all eventualities. I only have 1 question.... ALL eventualities? heehee.

Irishman - hey, so good to hear from you. It has been too long. I understand busy... lol.

Devildogwife - Thank you. Yes, I am somewhat better now, though this is an ongoing thing... sigh. Thanks for dropping in.

Lisa - hey, grrrrl... good to see you. It's good to have that done, for sure. Bismallah is a charmer, isn't she. :o)

Heather - it was a fairly big job, but nothing compared to the other jobs around here. I have yet to clean the cab of the truck which I definitely need to do soon too, and wash the outside too when I wash the inside of the back.

clairesgarden said...

good job! Bismallah is looking fine! and very helpful too. . .

Travis Cody said...

Yes ma'am! ALL eventualities. I have been a VERY successful bachelor. Heehee!