Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gonna Get 'R Done

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


With only 10 minutes left of Tuesday, I am a bit late with this post but I wanted to make it anyway. Why? Just to let you all know of my commitment. I've decided to join this meme as a way to clean up my home. Hey, I need support with a few things in my life. I do most things alone, so it's nice to join in with others that are doing the same thing, to motivate myself by sharing my accomplishments with others.

Today I didn't do any house work, but I did have a very busy day. I went to town. One thing I was supposed to do was song rehearsal with pianist Hannah, but had to cancel that.

So, first thing I did in town was go to my insurance agent. The insurance had run off my truck Sunday night and I'd forgotten to renew it, so I had to drive the truck in today with no insurance on it. This is the first time I've ever done something like this, but hey, there's a first time for everything. Hopefully this will also be the last time.

After that, I ran a few errands, including: bought chicken feed, deposited a couple small cheques I'd been given to reimburse me for things I bought for "The Centre" (my church), got a new bank card to replace the one I misplaced. Jut boring stuff like that.

Next I was off to the gym to work out. Today I did a different routine from my usual. I just did the recumbent exercise bike for 35 minutes. Yup, that's all. My low back has been very sore the last few days, as it does tend to get at times with the "issues" it has, and my deltoid muscles are hurting from the workouts I've been doing. I must admit I've had some occasional problems with my deltoids since the motor vehicle accident I was in that caused my body a lot of trauma, in January 1983, so they are a "weak spot" for me. So, I'm taking it easy on the "ol' bod" for a few days. After that I got talking to Charlie, she's one of the Personal Trainers there. She weighed me and all that stuff and we talked about how my workouts are going, how I'm feeling about them and in general, how my diet is... stuff like that. She's recommended some stretches for me to do to minimize the muscle pain, and that I ad some salt to my drinking water. Charlie also said I'm not eating enough!!! I never thought I'd ever hear anyone say that, my family has always told me I eat too much. She wants me to eat 3 meals and 2 - 3 snacks every day, and we talked about ways for me to get organized enough to do this. Looking at my workout log, I noticed that in the last 21 days I've been to the gym to work out exactly 10 times. Not bad!

After the gym I went to Subway and grabbed a 6" sub sandwich, toasted of course, then off to a Board Meeting at The Centre. We've been having some extra meetings lately to get ready for our AGM which will be on Sunday after the service. While there I also did some computer work on the Membership List and the Sunday Program. It was after 10:00 this evening when I got home. I relaxed and watched some TV (Boston Legal, then the local news). Now I'm on the computer again.

So, this Tuesday I tackled a busy day in my life! Now to tackle the mess my home has become and make it into a place I can be proud of. Joining Tackle It Tuesday is the first step on this journey.

4 comments:

clairesgarden said...

good idea, having one day to set aside,when things are meant to get done. I have a large cupboard where things lurk that I have been meaning to clean out for a long time. however I am 'officially' having today 'off' from doing anything as recent business has made me weary, today to re-charge, housework tomorrow. . maybe!

Typed out said...

My intention is good - but I don't always follow through with it and usually leave a job half done.

I believe you may have helped me with my incentive to go back to the gym again (haven't been for some years now.)

You see the 'intention to go to to the gym' is there again!!

Travis Cody said...

I think that's great - to record your day like that.

And keep up the good work with your exercise and heatlhy eating!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Claire - I don't dare wait 'til Tuesdays to do housework. With my back I need to do a bit at a time as I can't do a lot at a time. However, I can take photos all week to post on Tuesdays. And that will help give me incentive to get off my butt and do things. The last 2 days most of my time was spent laying down in hopes the pain would go away. Finally feeling somewhat better tonight.

Moonraker - I too often leave jobs half done. Like wash dishes until the dish rack is full of dishes air drying and the sink is full of dishes soaking... then I forget to go back and finish them. :o(

I sure am happy to hear I may have motivated you to return to the gym. It really would be a wonderful thing for you to do. I am loving it so much and benefiting in so many ways. I'm hoping my back will let me go tomorrow, it's been 2 days now and I want to get back and work out.

Travis - I used to write in my day planner almost every day, saying what all I did that day. I've found it good to look back on later. Lately I keep forgetting to do it on a regular basis. I will likely look back on my blogs in future years to see what I was doing on "days gone by". :o)

Thank you for the support in my "life changes". I am loving the gym so am confident that, so long as the back will let me, I will continue with that. The healthy eating is much more of a challenge for me though... sigh.