Sunday, March 25, 2007

Follow Up to Photo Hunt!!

I've been "inspired" by some of the comments to yesterdays Photo Hunt post. You can go read the comments people left and the replies I wrote to them all. I try to reply to all that leave me comments. I don't always manage to do so, but I do in most cases, so when you leave me comments, be sure to come back in a day or two to see what I wrote back to you.

Thank you all who came by and left me messages! They are much appreciated! And thank you so much for all the compliments, I love those. :o)

Anyway.....

Some commented on my tea pot, so I thought I'd show a couple of shots that better display the pot.


Several years ago, Mom & I went to Lillooet to visit very long time family friends. When we were leaving, Claire and her mom, Ilene, decided to drive out too so we could meet in Ashcroft at a historic ranch there, and have some of their decadent deserts and tea. While there, we also toured the gift shop. One of the things I admired in there was this tea pot. Unknown to me, Mom later sneaked back and bought it, & put it in the trunk of her car. That year, one of the things I found under the Christmas tree was this tea pot. It holds very wonderful memories for me, especially since Ilene has since then passed away, as has my Dad. Needless to say, I don't actually use this tea pot. I have others that are more suited to every day use. I'd like to have a collection of "cool" tea pots that are "unique" and "different".


I was asked two questions about the cage.

First, what used to be in that empty cage. Originally, it was a chinchilla cage. Someone must have gone out of the chinchilla raising business because there were a lot of these cages at the auction at one point. At that time, I was just getting into raising Netherland Dwarf rabbits, for show. These rabbits are only 2 - 2 1/2 pounds full grown, so very small. I purchased a few of these chinchilla cages. In time, I found and bought bigger cages for them, and only used these small cages for weinling babies if I ran out of the larger cages. Then I got out of raising and showing rabbits, so I have a bunch of cages hanging around that I really should get busy and sell.

Second, what is in the other half of this cage. Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's some pictures....

"We're a bit shy of that camera thing, Mommy!"

"But playing is more fun than the camera is scary..."

"Playing in the hay rack is fun. Don't I look cute!"

Things have come full circle! This old chinchilla cage is again housing CHINCHILLAS! But these ones are not being raised for their fur, but for their love. For more photos and info on "the twins" and their father, follow this link.
And this link.
Looking back at those photos sure made me see how these two have been growing like little weeds. Soon I will have to put one of them into the other side (other "hole" as it's actually called) because Cherry Chinchilla is a girl, and Charlie Chinchilla is a boy, so sadly the twins will soon have to be separated. They were born November 18 (I think is what the woman that gave them to me said), so just over 4 months old now.

For photos of Daisy & Cheri, my other 2 chins, this link. Or, you could just go to "My Critters" (link is under Labels on the sideboard) and see all my "family". I maybe should have called the label "Alice's Petting Zoo", or "My Menagerie", lol.

Wishing you all a Happy Day!!!

6 comments:

clairesgarden said...

love the wee twins, so cute. I have a plain teapot for everyday use, my mother collects fancy teapots and never drinks tea as she hates it!

Unknown said...

wonderful photos..My friend has a chinchilla named Einstein.Ill be back to visit later

Travis Cody said...

Those little chinchillas are so cute.

The story about the teapot is charming. Thanks for sharing.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Thank you all. Charlie and Cherry are so much fun, as is there father, Smudge. The two chins I started out with and have had for years now are not all that friendly, obviously not handled much as babies. These three "new" ones are real sweethearts. They love it when I open the door and play with them, they come out onto me and all that kind of thing. The make me laugh every night when I spend time with them.

Barb said...

I missed the Photo Hunt but love this new post!

DirkStar said...

What a wonderful blog you have here!

I love the teapot, but then again I am a big fan of the Budgie...

Thank you for the many laughs I enjoyed as I read your posts.

Well done blogger up North.