Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Be Specific

This is a good example of why people should be more specific.... especially when talking to children!!
.
.
.
A little boy got on the bus, sat next to a man reading a book, and noticed he had his collar on backwards. The little boy asked why he wore his collar backwards.

The man, who was a priest, said. " I am a Father."

The little boy replied. "My Daddy doesn't wear his collar like that."


The priest looked up from his book and answered. "I am the Father of many."


The boy said. "My Dad has 4 boys, 4 girls and two grandchildren and he doesn't wear his collar that way!


The priest, getting impatient, said. "I am the Father of hundreds" and went back to reading his book.


The little boy sat quietly thinking for a while, then leaned over and said. "Maybe you should wear a condom and your pants backwards instead of your collar."
 

************

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Lily Tomlin
 
For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person's life at a given moment.
Viktor E. Frankl

No comments: