Saturday, July 14, 2012

Things in the News

I have been so busy lately that I have not even turned on my TV in days. I don't tend to watch it much in summer time though I do watch it quite a bit in the winter.  While at Phil's house this evening, his sister Marilyn had the TV on and I saw some things on the news. There has been a bad slide at Johnson's Landing, near Kaslo, BC, and some people are missing as their home is one of 2 that were hit by the slide.  A woman in Surrey, BC, was riding a bicycle and was hit by a big truck.  A man drowned in Okanagan Lake near Kelowna, BC.  A man who was riding his motorcycle from Alberta to Keremeos, BC is missing and has been for about a week now.  A man  from Ohio is a "missing hiker" near Houston, BC.  There have been floods and fires, too.  Wow, so many unhappy things happening in our province, effecting so many people.... it seems like everything but a burning barbershop is happening this week.... maybe that will be next.

My heart goes out to all the people who are worried about missing loved ones, to the family of the drowned man, to the woman hit by the truck, and those who love her (I'm not sure if she is alive or dead).  I am so very grateful to be safely home and that at this time all my friends and family are safe and well.

No comments: