Friday, March 02, 2012

Nice Surprise

On Friday, after I had another treatment at my Chiropractor, I ran some errands, starting with going to Superstore for a few grocery items.  While there, I unexpectedly met with a lady I haven't seen for some years.  Paulette was my real estate agent when I purchased my first home, all by myself, in 1985 and she was again my agent when I sold the place in 1990.  Paulette was a wonderful person to work with, very good at her chosen career and a very kind person who I really enjoyed knowing.  When we closed on the deal with my purchase of the small house on an acre of land, Paulette gave me a gift of 3 brass butterflies, having gotten to know me and that I was an avid butterfly collector, lol.  When the deal closed with me selling that home 4 1/2 years later, she again gave me a wonderful gift, this time it was the book "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise L. Hay.  This book helped me a lot and was very instrumental in putting me onto the spiritual path I follow, bringing me into a much happier life.  Paulette is still in the real estate game with her son as her business partner, though real estate sales have been down around here lately.  From what I've heard, be it real estate louisville ky, real estate Vernon BC, or real estate Anywhere North America, sales are down.  With the current low interest rates BC banks are offering, you would think sales would be up, but I think the added expense of the HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) is making people hold off with their larger purchases. We voted down this tax after it was forced upon us against our wishes so it is supposed to being removed... and is taking 3 years to happen.  Anyway, it was really great to see Paulette and to see she is looking really great!!

No comments: