Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Hot Summer Day... and Sports

It's summer in the Okanagan, so fruit is on the trees and people are playing lots of sports. As I drive around my area I see people playing soccer and in other places baseball. It's that time of year when most people are being active and outside, happy to shed the winter blahs. A friend of mine injured her left ankle a few years ago, so she is not able to play sports and even has a hard time walking, so it benefits her to wear a soccer ankle brace to support the ankle and make it easier for her to get around. Since one of these helps while playing sports, I can see why it helps her. I find that often we can use something meant for one thing for yet another. Today there is not a cloud in the sky, the thermometer is rising, and I am going out to do some errands & spend time with friends. I think I'll drive by a soccer field and spend some time watching young people playing their game.

No comments: