Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Preserving Fruit

Summer in the Okanagan Valley of BC Canada means a lot of nice fresh fruit on trees and in stores. I love eating fruit fresh off the tree and next best thing, locally grown out of the stores, but what about winter time? I know I would love to have fruit available in winter, but really have never 'put up' anything, so don't know how to do it right. On Facebook I have found lots of different pages, or walls as they call them, to 'Like' and stay connected with. One of them, Away to Garden, is all about horticultural how-to and woo-woo. It is the source for garden information and inspiration, by Margaret Roach, head gardener. What I read there just now was about farm-fresh peaches, frozen to perfection, which is a timely article since peaches will soon be abundant in the Okanagan. I look forward to trying what Margaret has shared with us here, and to enjoying my nice peaches all winter long.

No comments: