Friday, December 24, 2010

A Christmas Surprise

This evening the phone rang and I had just sat down on my armchair with dinner, tv and laptop, so was not feeling happy about someone calling. However, I got up and went across the room to answer the noisy thing. "Merry Christmas Eve!!" I cheerfully said into the receiver. That's when I got the surprise!! My friend Art moved away earlier this fall, out of the country to Thailand and he phoned to wish me a Merry Christmas!!! This is the FIRST time I've ever gotten a phone call from THAILAND!! How is that for totally COOL!!! It was good to hear from him and to hear he's doing very well.

I also got a 'pre-Christmas gift' about a week ago. I was at my chiropractor's office and in walked a man I spent part of my life with 2o some years ago.... (hmmm, what year was that?) We worked together at the glass plant and fell in love. One day he walked up to me at work and asked "England or Hawaii?" Huh?? I had to ask what he was talking about. "Where do you want to get married? England or Hawaii?" he asked. He was from England and I've always wanted to visit both of those places, so I told him "England. It's where your family is and I'm sure they'll want to be there." The wedding never happened. He went back to his former wife. I've never known for sure if he went back out of love for her, guilt, duty, or a mixture of the above. I never doubted that he did love me which is odd as I had never felt that certain of a man's love for me before. I haven't seen JR for more years than I can clearly remember now... but it sure was good to see him last week. He appeared very happy to see me too. We had a great chat, though short as he was called in and I had just come out from my treatment. He stood and gave me a really nice big hug. It's weird, but after all these years I can honestly say I still love JR... and I think he still has fond memories, maybe even some love feelings for me. I wish him all the joy in the world and I am grateful for the time we spent together, even if it was no where near long enough. He did what he had to do and that is what makes it right.

No comments: