Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I used to be out dancing most nights of the week. It was a passion with me for a long time, to be out 2 Stepping and Line Dancing. I especially loved the 2 Step especially when I had a good dance partner. I was very slim and trim back then with all the exercise I got on the dance floor, and I could eat anything I wanted pretty much. Now, I never go out and dance, I'm overweight and I can't eat the way I used to. Now the only kind of 2 Stepping I do is getting up to the kitchen cupboards on two step stools or 2 step ladder. I make sure I always have my little ladder handy in all rooms of my home.

Tonight is Christmas Eve, a Friday night, and I sit home alone with my computer and my cat both on my lap as I watch TV. Currently I am watching Oliver Twist. On the small table beside my armchair sits a pot of tea and my cup. The pellet stove heats my home with the beautiful fire burning inside of it, I can see the pretty orange flames through the window in the door of the stove. Not only does this warm my home, it also warms my heart as do the Christmas Lights and Fibre Optic Tree here in my living room. I am cozy and content, and I am very grateful for so many things in my life.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone.

No comments: