Wednesday, August 11, 2010


The last several days have been very busy and wonderful.

On Sunday, I went to the Centre for Spiritual Living just as the service came to an end, because I wanted to connect with some friends there. Raymond & Blenda went north to Atlin, BC for a couple months and just returned, though only for a few days. They had planned to stay here for the winter, making this their home base from which they do their traveling then return. While they were in Atlin their plans changed and now they will be going to Victoria area to spend time with his nephew who, in his mid 40s, has had a bad stroke. Then they will be house sitting a short way from Victoria until next spring. I am saddened that they won't be around here, yet I know that this is meant to be for some reason as it all just came in the way it was meant to come. I spent the afternoon with Raymond & Blenda at their camp spot, along with Linda & Tjana, other friends from the Centre.

I left their camp spot about 5:15, in a hurry to get to Enderby, a town north of here where my Mom lives. Much of my family was meeting there for dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Present were: Mom, my eldest sister Anne from the Vancouver area, Anne's only son Denny from Enderby, with his family (girlfriend Brandy & her 2 kids, just moved up from Mississippi to live with Denny) and his son Dustin from Vancouver area. (Denny's 2 daughters were not here.) My other sister Marcy was also there with her husband Randy & their granddaughter Kennedy. Their son Blake & girlfriend Bev were there, though daughter Shannon, husband Brad & son Carter weren't there. My older brother wasn't there nor were any of his family. My younger brother Bernie & wife Karen were there from north of Edmonton, Alberta. None of their 3 grown children were there. So, 15 of us were there. After a wonderful dinner we went to Marcy & Randy's home to visit more over tea & coffee.

My friends that hadn't yet seen my trike were very interested in it and very impressed with it... my family members didn't even say a word about it. Normal.

It was a most beautiful night for a ride home, as I of course went up there on my trike.

No comments: