Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lost a Pound or....

As many of you know, I am working at dropping some unwanted, unneeded pounds. I don't concern myself with the side effects of diet pills, I am a member of TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). Each Thursday morning I go to the meeting. Everyone must weigh in between 9:30 & 10:15am, then the meeting starts. After we say the TOPS and KOPS (Keep Off Pounds Sensibly) pledges, we hear the Weight Recorder`s report, the minutes of the last meeting, stuff like that. Next we talk about any contest that we may have going (currently it's Stay On The Ball... if you gain weight your name flag is removed from the Styrofoam ball, and the person who`s name is there last wins a prize). I fell off the ball a couple weeks ago when I gained 1 1/2 pounds. This week, though, I had lost 1 pound so am back to going in the right direction. After the meeting, I realized that, stuck into my bra was 2 things that should have been not there, 2 things that I stuck there with the intention of putting them into my purse and forgot. My cell phone and a utility knife. I don't know what they weigh, but it's likely around 1 pound. Huh! Oh well, hopefully it will help show as a good loss for next Thursday.

After the meeting we went for lunch, as our TOPS group always does, today to the Chinese restaurant where I had Chop Suey & Chow Mein with a glass of ice water. After lunch, Pat & I went to the Bargain Bin, the greatest 2nd hand store around. I got a few new clothes, most of them for 10 cents each, a couple tops for $1 each, a wire plant pot holder that I will put pots into then put votive candles into and put out on my patio table in the garden. I also got a 'biker bandanna' from Mexico, with Speedy Gonzalez on it... I like it, kinda cute and good for under helmet as well as hiding 'helmet head' (messed hair from wearing a helmet). Just over $6 spent there.

1 comment:

bestfatburner said...

Thanks for sharing this post, now that i know your blog I will read from it more often,very nice and so true