Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Life These Days

For very close to 4 years now, I have been on the Board of Directors at the Okanagan Centre for Spiritual Living. April of 2006 joined the Board, having already taken on the job of creating the weekly Sunday Programs. Shortly there after, I stepped up and took on the roll of Treasurer as someone had to. I had no experience in this field though over the months that I did the work I learned a lot and I was very grateful when someone with more knowledge and experience, a former book keeper, took over the Treasury job. That is when I took over as Membership Director at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in March of 2007. Since then I have continued to do the programs as well as to do all jobs required to fulfill my part as Membership Director, and other various jobs as needed. I've never been as quick at saying "No" as I have been at saying "Yes". I have to learn to change that, lol.

Now, this coming Sunday, March 28, is our AGM and it is the end of my time on the Board. Though I joined the Board in 2006, I did not become "official" until the next AGM in March of 2007, and each term is a 3 year term after which the member must step down. If I so choose, I can return to the Board at some point in the future.

At this time, I am really looking forward to being FREE!! I have given notice that I am not only stepping down from the Board, but also from doing my other volunteer jobs there. I know some are sad to 'see me go', and that's kind of nice. I feel it is time for a change and though there is a small part of me that would like to stay "in the know", I am mostly just happy to have a break from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Change is always good. :)