Wednesday, March 24, 2010

International Speech Contest

I competed in a Toastmaster Speech Contest in my club last night. While practicing my speech in the afternoon I sat outside in my truck as it was far too nice a day to sit in the house. Sitting there with the door open, I saw a mosquito fly into the cab with me. This is the first one I've seen this year and it is very early to have these nasty flying blood suckers around, though this year everything seems to be a month or more early. I was wondering if giving it an effective diet pill would help it to 'waste away to nothing'... and take it's friends and family along too.

As for the contest, I came in second. In our area each club gets to send 2 speakers & 2 evaluators on to the area level, the next phase of the contest. I have a LOT of practicing to do if I hope to win there. Only one from each area goes on to division.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats and good luck to ya. Hope Reba is doing well :)