Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Working on Dropping Pounds

At Toastmasters this evening, I got some major compliments. Sheila commented on how much weight I've lost. Benita was there & she also has lost a lot of weight which is really awesome as she really needs it. Then later on, Pat was also commenting on how much I've lost. She thinks I'm close to my 'goal weight', and I know I'm not. I joined TOPS on January 15, 2009 & since then I lost 18 pounds, tho did gain 3 back in December. I am now working on getting that off again and some more too. My goal weight required me to drop 49 pounds. Pat thinks I need to rethink that goal weight, that it's unrealistic and I don't need to loose another 30+ pounds. She may be right, though I know my body and I know that I still have lots to shed yet and will continue to work on it. I do this all with diet & exercise, not with the use of weight loss supplements. While they may work for some people, that is not the route I choose to use. Also, the diet & exercise are needed to keep my blood sugars in healthy levels and to bring down my cholesterol levels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work my friend :)

CrAzY Working Mom said...

I started Weight Watchers at the first of the year and am also doing a work out program...so far I'm 3lbs lighter. :)

Being healthy is my main goal, along with dropping a few pant sizes. ;)

Good luck to you.