Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some Updates and 'Stuff'

My version of getting wholesale clothing is to shop at the 2nd hand stores. At this time in my life I more 'rent' my clothes. Since I joined TOPS on January 15 this year, I have lost around 15 pounds (go there in the next few minutes for our weekly meeting, so will be weighed on their scale and get an up to date number). Clothes do not fit me for all that long before it's time to go get smaller ones. I'm loving it. Well, okay, it could be faster and make me even happier, though at least it's steady and in the right direction. It is really great now that people are starting to notice and comment on my getting slimmer. Wednesday I was in the pool at the Rec. Center and a guy told me "you sure look hot in that outfit". It was a hot day weather wise so at first I thought he meant I looked over heated... then it hit me... I look hot!! Wow!! It's been many years since I heard a comment like that!! Oh ya, it may have been a pick up line, he was obviously out to 'get something'... and I still love it anyway!! I'll wear that bathing suit more often, lol.

Yesterday was a great day, though not the day I had originally planned. Cancelled my volunteer work (doing it today) and yoga with friends (next week). Hey, it's summertime, lots happening. Tuggy called and invited me to take a run on his Harley with him... YA! We went to a nearby town to eat Chinese for lunch, then back by back roads. Loved it. Then off to town to swim in the pool again... 12 laps (counted this time). I'm not a swimmer, but with mask/snorkel/flippers I can do quite well in the pool, and it's great exercise. Friend Lorraine went with me. She's not been swimming for years and very much enjoyed it, so will be back. This is a good thing as she needs the exercise too. After that I headed out to the same nearby town I'd been to for lunch, this time in my truck to visit my Mom. We took her car to another town to enjoy an evening sitting in the park listening to a live band. We ran into a cousin & wife there, so didn't get to listen much to the music, unfortunately. Also saw some friends of mine and took a short walk on the peir with them. Back to Mom's for tea, then home.

Well, guess I better be off. Want to be on time for TOPS. I planned to post some photos from my ride yesterday... will have to do it later this eve. I actually plan to be home for a few hours before bed this time... and hope to get to bed before 3 or 5am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been one busy lady that's for sure. :)

quilly said...

Congrats on the weight loss -- and even a pick up line is a physical compliment. After all, he liked what he saw.

Jenn Jilks said...

You go, girl! Such a positive and motivational post. I am settling into my new size. Trying to do something about it. But life is meant to be lived.