Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November 24th

Day 24


I did get a lot done today, but not anywhere near my entire 'To Do List'. No surprise. It was a very long list.

What I did get done was good stuff.

- NOYFSS: I had to contact this government agency to arrange to "adopt a family" for Christmas. They will get back to me soon with a list of families and I will choose one so the Centre for Spiritual Living can again collect food and gifts for this family in need. I did this last year and did try to give to job to someone else this year, but no one volunteered. At yesterdays board meeting they said "never mind, let it go this year" and I said "no. I will do it again myself rather than let it go." I really enjoyed it last year and it's not really a hard job, it's just that I already have too much on my plate. Eileen from NOYFSS did email me some great info to share with people about this and 2 other programs they have going.

- Create a Program for Pasta Productions, using the names etc from my notes as to who is performing that night, and what they are performing. On the programs I didn't say a lot, kept them brief and saved lots of info for my introductions.

- MC Script: I typed up what I'm going to say as I MC Pasta Productions.

- Phoned 3 places that sell memory cards for digital cameras. Mom recently was given a digital and needs a memory card for it. The smallest they sell now is 2G. I have a 512 megga byte and it holds about 200 pictures, so no way does Mom need a 2 gig, but that's what she's going to get.

- Anyone on the list to perform for Pasta Productions, who I haven't talked to in the last couple days, had to be phoned today, so did that too.

- Charged my cell phone

- Read some Toastmaster stuff I wanted to read before tomorrow night's meeting.

- a few other misc. things, including laid down for a rest and did a bit of homework for my Wednesday night class before I fell asleep.

Now I'm blogging... and going to go to bed any minute now. Oh ya, I clipped one of DW's wings today so she can't fly around the house like she has been. I had her in a towel and couldn't find the other wing, haha... also she was fighting and biting, so at least I got one of the wings and she can't fly with only one wing. The feathers will grow back, and I'll have to cut them again... maybe I'll get both wings next time. I didn't want to do it because I didn't want her to hate me, but it seems like we're okay. I believe she's safer when she can't fly around and get into things that could hurt her or make her sick. She won't have to be kept in her cage all the time now, can again be let out to climb around on the outside and sit on top, play with the wood branch I gave here, stuff like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wing clipping seems like a good compromise.

Anonymous said...

Wow. To write 30 post in 30 days is really great but what are the topic of the posts? you have filled your blog with weather reports.