Thursday, March 06, 2008

Update on Shadow

Shadow
April 28, 1991 - March 6, 2008


It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that my beloved Shadow didn't make it through the night. I got a call this morning from the vet office and they told me he had passed away during the night. I was not surprised and had I looked at the clock earlier I am sure I could tell you the exact time he went. You see, I woke up during the night feeling a great emptiness, a real feeling of being alone. I think that I felt him leave his body and my life.

I know I will never forget my 'little man', and will always love him. He was my 'grand kitten' who became oh so much more. See what I wrote yesterday. I must go now and start digging his grave, oh how I wish I had someone to help me with this job, and to hold me in his arms while I cry my heart out... and there is no one I can reach out to for this kind of support, so off I do to dig and cry alone. I will try to write more about Shadow later on, or tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs... to you and Reba.

Travis Cody said...

I'm so sorry for this loss.