Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tuesday, March 18

I went to my song rehearsal as I do every Tuesday. As always it was great!

I've been wanting to walk up to the farm, so I did. the farm is an abandoned farm where a friend of mine used to live for 20 years or so. That is where the horses I rode for many years lived. Joe was renting the farm, 3 acres, and using a lot of land adjoining that which belongs to the Department of National Defense (DND). There is quite a story behind this bit of land, and I will likely tell you about it one day, but it's a long story that I won't go into just now. I will tell you though, that I always have felt so good whenever I go there. At times when I've felt upset about something and have gone to the farm, it has always felt like I left the problems at the gate while I went riding horses, then by the time I left the farm, the problems had usually wandered off somewhere. Even though the farm has been vacant for several years now, since Joe moved away, and it's all overgrown with weeds and stuff, I still feel so at peace when I go up there.

This time I took my computer and my Science of Mind textbook, in the pack on my back. I tell you, I've decided that until I am in much better shape, I won't do this again, haha. It was good as I was able to get some homework done up there instead of going to spend the time sitting at Tim Horton's drinking tea and doing my homework. However, it was very heavy to carry that in, and the water bottle, and other various things in the backpack.

The wind was blowing, so it was a bit cool, there was rain falling on the hills near me, and some sun shining on me... just enough sun to make it very hard to see my computer screen, haha. All in all it was WONDERFUL! and I look forward to walking up there again soon. Next time I will walk further instead of carrying that weight. There is a road leading off into the hills where we used to ride our horses and I will walk along what is left of it now, if anything. It's really amazing how the road up there is nearly totally gone now after only a few years.

______________________________________________

Do you need labels for your printer? If so, check out this site for a good deal on Primera labels

______________________________________________

No comments: