Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Walking on Sunday

Now that we've been having warmer weather, all the snow is long gone, and the mud is well on its way to drying up, I've been more in the mood to get outside and walk. Sunday after church I took Reba to the Dog Park and we had a nice long walk in the afternoon sunshine. We walked one time around with Carol and Eddy the black lab. They walk fast so that was a bit of a stretch for me and my low back and right leg were hurting pretty good by the time we got back to the gate. I thought that would be enough for me for the day, but stood around awhile letting Reba have some more time to visit her doggy friends. Then an older couple came along with Harley, a black lab/rottweiler cross. They were nice and we got to talking, so I walked two times around the park with them at a much better speed for me, haha. I doubt I could've made it around another time, and in fact it was a challenge for me to get into the truck, so I was happy to come home and relax for the evening. It sure was great to get out for a walk though and I felt good for having done it.

I am working on making changes in my life. One of them is to become healthier and to have more energy, more motivation, and to get back that 'spark' that I lost somewhere along the way. Walking regularly will help with that, or at least I hope it will. Unfortunately, I am not able to walk anywhere near where I live as the road is just way too dangerous. Therefore, I have to drive somewhere to be able to walk. To me, there is something 'wrong with that picture', but hey life is life.

______________________________________________

If the problem of addiction has touched your life, through yourself or someone you know, please check into addiction treatment.
______________________________________________

No comments: