Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Quote of the Day

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love,grace, and gratitude."

-- Denis Waitley --


The way I see it is that we each have two choices. We can choose to be happy, or we can choose to be something other than happy. It's not what happens to us, but how we handle what happens to us that counts. Not that I do everything 'right' every time, but I am working towards it and am making good progress. When I go out and people (cashiers, waitresses, friends, etc.) ask "How are you today?" I used to say "Oh, not too bad" or even worse, I'd tell them how I was... and back then that wasn't a good, happy or positive story. Now I say "Fantastic" or "Great! Really good!" and each time I say this, I feel increasingly more fantastic. Some days I really am fantastic when first asked, and other days I'm anything but, yet as I hear myself say, in a happy, friendly, 'peppy' voice, "Fantastic, thanks!" I feel better. It really is awesome, and I highly recommend it!

-- Me --

No comments: