Sunday, December 16, 2007

Manic Monday - carol


Manic Monday is the 'baby' of the awesome Mo (a.k.a. Not The Mama) at It's A Blog Eat Blog World. It's a wonderful and fun way to spend Mondays each week. This week, Mo has chosen carol as the word we work/play with.

The definitions Mo posted on his site for this week`s word are:
1.a song, esp. of joy.
2.a Christmas song or hymn.
3.a seat in a bay window or oriel.
4.a compartment in a cloister, similar to a carrel.
5.a kind of circular dance.
–verb (used without object)
6.to sing Christmas songs or hymns, esp. in a group performing in a public place or going from house to house.
7.to sing, esp. in a lively, joyous manner; warble.
–verb (used with object)
8.to sing joyously.
9.to praise or celebrate in song.

Numbers 2 & 7 are what come first to my mind when I hear the word carol at this time of year, and of course the woman`s name Carol or Carole. However, I like numbers 1, 7, 8, & 9. They showed me that I sing carols 2 or more days a week, all year long. I sing joyous, lively songs at the song rehearsals and at my `Spiritual Centre`each week, as well as at home to practice and sometimes I like to sing happy, peppy songs with the radio. Gee, and I thought carols and caroling were only to do with Christmas songs.

Another `carol` that comes to mind at this time of year, is the story written by

Charles Dickens



Now I leave you with good wishes and a small Christmas carol, from me and my beloved animals:

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

We wish you a Merry Christmas;
We wish you a Merry Christmas;

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Good tidings we bring to you and your kin;

Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;

Oh, bring us a figgy pudding;

Oh, bring us a figgy pudding and a cup of good cheer: Refrain

We won't go until we get some;

We won't go until we get some;

We won't go until we get some, so bring some out here: Refrain

We wish you a Merry Christmas;

We wish you a Merry Christmas;

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.


Learn more about Manic Monday here.

6 comments:

Gattina said...

Until not so long ago I didn't know that "Carol" meant Christmas songs for me it only was a name, lol ! After this MM I KNOW !!

Ian said...

In Detroit...

"Yo, bring us some muthaf*ckin figgy pudding or we gonna bust a cap in yo @ss!"

I don't know where that came from. Happy MM!

Ian

Durward Discussion said...

And with Tiny Tim Kitty we say

Meow us Everyone!

Sandee said...

I love it. I didn't even think of We Wish You A Merry Chritmas. There certainly are a lot of Christmas carols out there. Have a great MM. :)

Shelia said...

Thanks for the Christmas carol! May you and your family and friends be blessed with a Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Happy Manic Monday!

That Charles Dickens story is one of my favorites!

Have a great week!