Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November 27th

Hi. I'm a day late posting this, but oh well. At least I didn't fail to post something yesterday. I committed to post something every day of November and am happy that I've done so. I was too tired last night to do much more than post my Wordless Wednesday and Reba's Woofless Wednesday. I've over 700 emails unread in my inbox, so a bit overwhelmed with that, lol.

So, my Tuesday... I spent some time on the computer then got ready and left for town. I had a doctor's appointment with the Internist I've been seeing about the acid reflux problems. He put me on some meds (Nexium) for two months to see if that helped me, then wanted to see me again. So that's what yesterday's appointment was about. The meds have helped some, but I still have times when I have the problem, so it's not gone and these meds are not doing enough. He said I could try 2 Nexium a day and I told him I'm already taking 2 a day... he said that's the max dosage then. We talked about adding another drug that will increase the motility... where the stomach releases the food and such earlier to dump the acid. So now I'm taking both the Nexium and this new med 2 times a day... for a three month trial, then I go back again. Oh ya... he wants me to loose weight. Ya right. Him, my regular doctor and me. Easier said than done, isn't it. The Drs. say "loose weight" but they don't give you any help to do it.

Right after the Dr., I went to my singing rehearsal. This week we practiced some Christmas carols as from now until Christmas is over, that's what we'll be singing every Sunday. We also practiced a song we've been working on for some time now. Hannah and I will be preforming this song "Make A Song For My Heart To Sing" this coming Sunday as a duet.

From Hannah's I went to the Centre to work on the Sunday program, but Rev. Dale had the computer tied up, so I couldn't do it. While there, I used the phone so I could switch my cell phone service over from my old phone to a newer one I was given by a friend of mine. I then went and ran a few errands, then back to the Centre and did the program.

I then drove home and had a bit of a rest before driving back to town and going to the class I'm taking on the book The Power of Decision by Raymond Charles Barker. I really didn't feel like going, but ended up being very glad I did go.

Rev. Dale told me a couple weeks ago that pain is a symptom of healing. I know that our experiences are created based on our thoughts and our beliefs, and I choose to believe that Dale is right... pain is a sign/symptom of healing. Let me tell you, I've been doing a lot of healing this week! A LOT of healing. I always do, but even more this last week or so. So when I got home I didn't do a lot before I went and laid down to watch the TV in my bedroom.

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

700 emails! Yikes!