Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Day Today

Today was a fantastic day. Last night I wrote myself a note and put it on the computer: NO COMPUTER UNTIL CHICKENS ARE FED AND PLANTS ARE WATERED. (I've changed good habits for bad since becoming a blogaholic). So this morning when I got up I got dressed, started my oil pulling (more about that later) and went outside. I fed the chickens (cool news I'll post about later) and did some cleaning up in the yard. It felt great to do this. Unfortunately, when I came in I sat down with the computer, so the house plants are still dying of thirst. I will water them before I go to bed... any minute now they'll get a drink.

Though still hacking and coughing some, I was able to go to song rehearsal which I always so much enjoy. Hannah (pianist) made a tape for me some time ago with some warm up exercises on it, and as time passes she's added several songs for me to practice singing to... for solos I did/will sing at church. As I drove to rehearsal today I warmed up my voice with that tape. We practiced songs that Hannah had chosen for next Sunday as well as chose and practiced some songs for future services. We also learned a new song which is actually very easy. We will preform this song as a 'feature piece' this next Sunday, and will then use it as a congregational song. Learning new songs can be a very big challenge, and when we finally 'get it' it's such a 'high'.

After rehearsal, I had planned to go to the rec centre and 'work out' in the pool. You see, since I am legally classed as disabled I get a 75% discount on the cost of going to the rec centre, but I have to have 'paper work' to prove my eligibility. When I went to get that paper out of the big envelope it should have been in, it wasn't there. Other papers were still in there, but not this particular one. I was/am not happy about that, so have to contact 'the powers that be' tomorrow and see if they will issue me another one. Without it I have to pay full price, so didn't get wet today after all. I went and refilled my water jug (I buy reverse osmosis water in town as I don't feel my tap water is drinkable), then to Subway for a sandwich and off to the dog park.

Reba and I enjoyed our walk, 2 times around the park. Would have been nice to go again, but I'm lucky I made it around as much as I did. My back was hurting before we even started, and after once around I had to sit in the truck for a bit before I could face a second time. I would have been just as happy to leave then, but Reba obviously wanted to stay longer, so we did.

On the way home I stopped at the Everything For A Dollar Store and got a pop and some recipe/index cards that I need for Toastmasters. When preparing a speech it is good to write on an index card your beginning, points to speak about, and your closing. You may not need to look at your notes, but it's good to have them just in case. I then went to Wal Mart and bought peanut butter and jam, then home I came.

I got home about 7:30pm, had a pb & j sandwich and a big, hot cup of tea... ahhhhhh. I've spent the evening watching TV and working on my laptop. All in all it's been a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! (Except for not being able to swim!)

You guys must be getting nice weather! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh well, I have a new paper coming now to take in to get my 75% discount, lol.

Yes, we have been getting nice weather the last while. Rained today, but not bad. How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Mo and The Purries said...

I LOVE the "no computer until chickens are fed and plants are watered"
I must admit that my houseplants have suffered since I became a blog addict... the chickens at least can catch crickets.
:)

Hope you're feeling better!
I had a great vacation, then came home only to get a killer cold.
Blech.

Travis Cody said...

Isn't it so much better to sit down and blog after a good day of getting out and doing stuff?