Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Solar Power


I am very interested in the idea of solar homes. If I had the money to do it, I would have as much solar energy in my home as possible. Even if I could just heat my home in winter, and cool it in summer, using solar, I would think it a total bonus to me and to this planet we all live on.

I've just been reading about the BP Solar Decathlon where twenty universities from around the globe put teams together to design, build and operate livable, every-efficient, and completely solar-powered houses. The Solar Decathlon occurs every other year, since 2002, culminating in a week-long competition on the National Mall in Washington, DC. This year, the even occurs from October 11–19. Yes, just one day away!!

BP, has formed a partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy, to sponsor the Solar Decathlon. BP, one of the main corporate sponsors, and the only energy company sponsor for the 2007 Solar Decathlon, is committed to discovering cost effective, clean energy solutions for everyday living.

Find out about the green curve and your place on it, biofuels and their future in our world, facts about alternative energies. Did you know BP is investing $500 million into the Energy Biosciences Institute? To read posts written by members of the teams and an on-site reporter, visit BP's blog. Of course, if you live in the Washington, DC area, head over and check it all out.


The link(s) in this ad has been removed - March 7, 2009

No comments: