Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Grandfather Clocks


Have you ever owned a grandfather clock? Was it an interesting or unusual one? If you've never had one, do you want a grandfather clock in your home? Do you like grandfather clocks?

There have been many meanings of clocks and time, throughout the history of clocks and timekeeping. Back in the ages of yesteryear, time keeping began with sundials and sand-timers. Grandfather clocks were only invented in the mid-1600s, and it was only in the 1700s that clocks started being available in Europe in any numbers in the general population, people had no means for a clock even if they were the “Bill Gates” of the Renaissance era.

There are many beautiful grandfather clocks to choose from, and you could choose based on your personal tastes as well as the way your home is decorated. If I could choose a grandfather clock for myself, I think I would choose the Ridgeway 221 Baker Street Grandfather Clock, because my tastes run more to the traditional than the contemporary. Antique Cherry finish on selected hardwoods and veneers accentuate the beautiful shape and carvings of this everlasting design. The polished brass finished dial comes with raised brass Arabic numerals, etched corner spandrels and a crystal glass center design. The astrological moving moon dial has pierced stars allowing a light to shine through the stars and center crystal of the dial. Click on the picture of this clock for more information on it. If I had this clock I would place it in my living room where everyone that entered my home would be sure to see it.


The link(s) in this ad has been removed - March 7, 2009

No comments: