Saturday, September 15, 2007

Truck Rack


My friend Mike has the same truck as me, only his Ford Ranger 4x4 is a 1988 and mine a 1992. He has a nice, strong, black metal rack on his. I think they call it a ladder rack because it goes all the way over the cab of the truck and you could easily carry ladders up there if you wanted to. When I first saw it sitting in his yard I told him I wanted one too. Not long ago Mike asked me if I still want a rack like his and of course I say I do. He told me that he has one and will get his friend Pete to cut it down to size for me because it's off a full size truck. He is charging me for it, but giving me such a good deal it's incredible. Part of it is that I have to drive down valley to get it, so the cost of gas will approximately double the total cost. Oh well, I'll get Mike to do an oil change and winterize the truck for me at the same time, thereby saving me money and I'll have a nice couple days visit down there while I'm at it.

I will have to somehow put sides on it for Reba, but at least it will be a good solid rack to work with. The one I built for her this summer is all bent and breaking from her rambunctious behavior.

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

Well that sounds like a pretty good deal.