Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Writing Prompt: What kind of pet....

What kind of pet would you most like to have--monkey, snake, goat--why?

The pet I would most like to have, out of the ones named above, is an Angora Goat. The long coat of the Angora Goat is called mohair, and as a spinner, I have spun mohair and would enjoy spinning more of it. I have not yet met an Angora Goat, but have met other breads of goats, and even for a time owned a Pigmy Goat. They really are very friendly animals and are a lot of fun to be around. I don’t know why they call this fiber mohair and not Angora Hair, or something like that, but the Angora Rabbit fur is called Angora when it is spun and used in knitting and such. I think mohair should come from a Mo.

I already have names picked out for my Angoras if I was to breed them and so have several of the little sweethearts. I would call them names such as: MoReese, MoReen, MoJo, MoCha (pronounced mo ka), MoBile, MoHammed, Mo Fun, Mo Love, One Mo, Two Mo… and eventually NO MO!!!

Namaste

Alice

No comments: