Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Taxi Been Busy


Well, Sunday night neighbor boy wanted to go on that run again to the city south of us. This time he offered to give me an extra $10, so $60 for the trip. We got down there and his friend wasn't home, so we hung around for a long time, killing time then returning to the guy's house and still he wasn't home. Finally I said "that's enough" and we came home. It took over 3 1/2 hours, shot my whole evening. Then again Monday evening we went, after he phoned ahead, for the usual $50. Today, she phoned and would I drive them (him, her and 5 year old daughter) just into our city for $10, I didn't need to wait as they would get another ride home later, just drop them off. So we drive to their mailbox where she picks up a cheque, then to one of those cheque cashing places that have sprung up all over the place. While we were at my place he had said would I drive them to the city south of us again and I'd said no, not tonight... I have things I have to do (I wanted to watch my favorite Tuesday TV programs, haha). So while she's in cashing her cheque he offered me $70 if I'd drive them there and back. Now, how can I turn that down? About $20 for gas and the rest for my time. I must admit I am starting to wonder why he always has to go there, but maybe I really don't want to know. With the bill I have at my mechanic's and the bill I will have to pay if the pellet repair guy ever manages to get me the auger motor my stove needs, I can use all the money I can get my hands on, so this helps me out a lot. I know they plan to get a car and then this "job" will end, but for now I am grateful for the money. I recently used a wad of it to buy supplements that help with my back pain and some that I hope will help me be less tired all the time. I'm willing to try almost anything to feel better.

No comments: