Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12






We have had a very special opportunity in life.  We have lived through 12 years of sequential dates.  Starting with January 1st, 2001 (01/01/01), then February 2nd, 2002.  My niece Becky was pregnant with her 1st baby, her son Clayton, and since she is a diabetic her doctor decided to bring on the baby on 02/02/02.  What an awesome birth date that would be!!! Then Clayton changed the plan and he joined us on Earth on January 26, 2002.  Now, it is the last sequential date of my lifetime... it is 12/12/12 (December 12th, 2012).  My how time has flown by!!

My friends Stacia & Lucky had a baby girl back 20 some years ago, they named her Angel, and she has been an angel, for sure.  Now on November 11, 2012 (Remembrance Day here in Canada), Angel became a mother too.  Her wee son, Darius, may see 01/01/01 when it comes around again 88 years from now, January 1st, 2101 when he has just turned 88 years of age, and maybe he will even live to 100 years of ages, seeing December 12, 2112.  Yes, it is all very possible for Darius and other new born babies alive now to see the next run of sequential dates.... yet for you and me, we lived through these ones and that is that.




I was born in the 1950s, so when the year 2000 (or Y2K as many called it) arrived, I not only lived through the change of one century to another, as many have and many others will do, but I and others alive at the turn of the year also experienced changing from on millennium to another.  That is kind of big when you think of it. It will be a very, very long time before anyone else lives through the change of millenniums again.

If you are reading this post you probably also lived these 'special' dates.... or did you? Apparently whatever is posted on the internet will stay here forever, so maybe when you read this it will be 12 hours after I post, or 45 months later, even 632 years after today.  Maybe, just maybe, you will be reading my blog sometime in the next millennium!!  Whenever you read this post, this blog, I wish you and your loved ones abundant prosperity, peace, joy, love.









No comments: