Tuesday, February 07, 2012

I haven't had a cold or flu for so very long, I would have to guess about 15 years, give or take. So you can imagine how much of a surprise it was when I got sick.  It started with my sinuses draining, which happens occasionally so no big deal, then the coughing and trouble breathing started, including coughing up large amounts of phlegm with a good deal of blood in it.  I went to a walk-in clinic and talked to a doctor who said I had pneumonia and wrote out a slip for me to get chest x-rays done and another for me to get some antibiotics.  Being Sunday I was able to get the antibiotics right away, and had to wait until the next day to get the x-rays done.  Thursday I went back to get the results and was told that the x-rays showed I didn't have pneumonia, but did have bronchitis.  Each day, bit by bit I am better.  Now I still cough a bit now and then though it's not so bad anymore and there was no phlegm coming up today.  I would say I'm almost mended.  I am very happy that tonight will be the last of the antibiotics and the start of healing from the damage of the drugs.

No comments: