Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Motorcycle Show

Sunday morning my friend Dan called at 4:00am... my wake up call. i got out of bed, had breakfast, got dressed, fed my birds and other such things. At 5:00am (or there about) Ray picked me up and off we went to the Vancouver Motorcycle Show in Abbotsford, BC.  It takes about 5 hours to drive there from here with a stop for gas and another stop for tea, and we were happy to have bare roads most of the way there. Going over the mountains we did encounter compact snow on the highway in the upper areas near the summit of the mountain and otherwise they were bare.

Ray dropped me off at the front door on the Tradex Centre and went to park the truck.  I went in, paid my entry and hung around looking at stuff until Ray joined me. We spent about 3 1/2 hours walking around looking at motorcycles of all makes and models as well as many motorcycle related things like leathers, boots, patches, helmet stickers, etc etc etc. By the time we had walked through all of what there was to see, my low back was hurting so bad it was nasty and I had shooting pains in my right hip joint.  As we walked outside it was raining and I had left my coat in the truck, so I was really happy to find there was a bus there to drive people back to their vehicles in the different parking lots. It was a good show, though I was disappointed that there weren't more trikes than there were.

On the drive back it was raining until we got closer to the mountains where it changed to snow and the bare, wet roads became snowy roads. As we continued on our way, road conditions deteriorated and became dangerous.  We saw a pickup truck that looked like it may have been hit by someone as it's front bumper was pulled out significantly.  A little further along we saw a mini van in the ditch and not much past that there was a pickup truck with a canopy that had obviously lost control and rolled completely over. The police were there and an ambulance passed us just down the road. Add to this the fact that two times Ray's truck started to slide and it made for a stressful trip.  I sure was glad that Ray is a good driver and didn't loose control.

By the time we got home I was very tired.  It was just after 8:30pm and had been a long day, though a good one.

No comments: