Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Health Journal

I need to get my cholesterol levels down as well as loose weight. I have been working on this for some time now and just haven't had much success. About 3 months ago I went mostly Vegan which will help, I'm sure, and I have been taking supplements that apparently help to lower cholesterol, as well as eating more fiber rich foods. So far I haven't lost weight and tomorrow I will find out if there has been any change in the cholesterol levels as I had blood tests done Friday for my every 3 month diabetes blood sugar test as well as the cholesterol. Tomorrow I see the health nurse about my results to those tests. I know I have to drink more water and get more exercise as well as watch how much and what I eat... so I started the year off by starting a Health Journal where I will be keeping track of all I eat and drink as well as my daily blood glucose test results, exercise, how I'm feeling if that is effecting what I eat, etc. I haven't used my treadmill for several weeks and finally have started again... 15 minutes yesterday and 20 minutes today. Not a lot, I know, but it is a start and I will build up to longer. I weighed myself today and wrote that in the book too and each Thursday when I go to my TOPS meeting do the weigh in there I will record that 'official' weight in my Health Journal too. I am determined to get slim, trim and healthy!!

No comments: