Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Food Bank

Oh my aching back..... That is what I've been saying all day today and part of yesterday. You see, I did my volunteer hours at the Food Bank yesterday and I over did it a bunch. I was helping put together food hampers for people in need as well as sorting and putting away some of the food that has come in recently. At this time of year, there is a lot of food donated and it all has to be sorted through and put away on the shelves as well as boxed and stored to feed people throughout the coming year when there are not so many donations. I knew I was on my feet too long, bending down too much, and still I kept doing it as there was just so much to be done. We sure could use more help at this time of year. I really love being involved in this. I don't love the pain, and yet it's almost worth it in this case.

No comments: