Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Had Surgery

In BC we don't, to the best of my knowledge, have a Medicare part D plan. We do have a Medical Plan though so most people have that to pay for their health care needs. Unfortunately it is not as good as it used to be and people now have to wait a very long time for many of their needs unless they have money to pay for the tests and procedures, then they can buy their way to the head of the line. Today I just had surgery on my left wrist and it was paid for by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia because it was as a result of a motor vehicle crash I had just over 6 months ago. At the time I was taken to hospital by ambulance and the next day my wrist was operated on to put it back together, a metal plate and 9 screws were put in to hold it together. Today, due to irritation from the metal, it was all taken out. I also have had problems with one finger since the crash so that was also fixed today. Now to heal.

No comments: