Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Loosing Weight

If you follow my blog, you know I am the leader of my TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) group. Having lost and gained weight many times over the years, I know that we never lose weight fast enough for our wishes, though we do seem to gain it too quickly. We eat 3500 calories to gain 1 pound of fat, and we must burn off 3500 calories to loose 1 pound of fat. I have found that it is much easier and more fun to take in that 3500 calories than it is to burn/use the same amount. I have set myself a goal... to loose 4 pounds per month, which averages about 1 pound per week, for the next 10 months or 40 pounds. A 4 pound loss per month doesn't sound like much when we want to loose 40 pounds and be 'hot' in time for swimsuit weather, or a special occasion, but it is 'do-able', it is an 'achievable' amount and it is a healthy amount to loose. It will require a change of life style, not easy for me, yet that too is 'do-able' and is what will be necessary not only to drop the weight but also to keep it off. If I am going to achieve this goal, I had better get busy and exercise a lot more than I have been lately.

No comments: