Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Good Day

I had a very nice day today. After I went to town and had tea with an old... errr, I mean long time friend, I ran some errands then came home to spend some time with Reba. I had thought about planting more of the iris plants, but it was really hot out (35.3°C), so I stayed inside where it was a bit cooler. In the later part of the afternoon, I hopped onto my trike & rode off to Mom's place (about 25 minute drive). After a short visit we went up town to the Chinese restaurant where we were joined by my older brother Terry & his wife Alana (visiting from the Lower Mainland area of BC), and her mother Bev. It was very nice to spend time with them. Terry quite likes my trike. He's ridden motorcycles since he was about 16, now 56... He is really looking good, better than I've seen him look in a long time, healthier. Also he is now wearing glasses and really suites the look, looking rather distinguished and very handsome. After dinner, Alana & Bev went to Bev's and Terry came to Mom's with us. I left there sometime after 9pm to ride home. It's always hard to say goodbye when you don't know when you'll get to say hello again.

Now I'm laying on my bed watching TV while I blog. David Letterman is on. My tv stands on the top of my highboy dresser at the foot of my bed, and there's one in the living room too. At this time of day I rarely sit in the living room as I like to let my birds go to sleep for which they need it dark.

No comments: