Thursday, November 05, 2009

Peace Full

Earlier today (I'm still on Nov. 4th time even though it's after midnight... I've not yet gone to bed), as I was driving to town, I got stuck behind a very slow driver and I was in a hurry. I had to get to the Centre and open up and I was running late. I also had 6 bags of recycling in my truck, the Recycle Truck had already passed my place so I had to catch up, pass and get ahead, then put my bags out at someone else's driveway.... The speed limit on this road is 70 (since I'm in Canada, these are kilometers, not miles, per hour) and she was puttzing along at 60 or lower. Most people do 90 - 95 on this road and many even as much as 120 or higher, so why was this one going UNDER the speed limit? I wanted to go over it, thank you very much!! Some unkind thoughts came to my mind, and out through my mouth. I even started honking my horn in the hopes it would inspire her to 'move it'.

Does this happen to you? To someone you know? I would venture to say it is a high percentage of people that experience this kind of aggravation/anger/road rage. This kind of thing also happens in other areas of life when we are not driving.

Then, we talk about how much we would like to have World Peace!!

How can we expect to have Peace throughout the world if we don't have Peace in our own heart? It is impossible. We first must find that Peace and acceptance within our self, feel it and know it intimately. Then and only then will Peace begin to flow out into the world, to touch others around us helping them to find that inner Peace, to become Peaceful and Peace Full.

I am grateful to that woman today who was driving 'too slow', because she helped me to see, once again, an area where I need more work.

I want World Peace... therefor, I choose to have Peace within Myself!!

Here are some quotes on Peace that might help me to find it within myself. You may also enjoy them.
______________________________________________________________________

It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
And it isn't enough to to believe in it, one must work for it.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

______________________________________________________________________

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with
the world.
- Marcus Aurelius
______________________________________________________________________

Love the moment and the energy of that moment will spread
beyond all boundaries into blissful, peaceful happiness.
______________________________________________________________________

Those who are at war with others are not at peace with
themselves.
- William Hazlett
______________________________________________________________________

In acceptance, there is peace.

______________________________________________________________________

We are never more discontented with others than when we are
discontented with ourselves.
- Henri Frederic Arnier
_____________________________________________________________

When your mind is tranquil, all your ill-thoughts cease.

______________________________________________________________________

Peace comes from living in the moment and looking for the good in others.
Peacefulness comes from facing our fears and letting them go - trusting that
things will turn out all right. Peacefulness is also a way of approaching conflict
with others so no one is made wrong. Everyone wins because we then work to
find a peaceful solution.

______________________________________________________________________


I wish you a Peaceful & Peace Full day!!

In Love & Light, Alice

3 comments:

quilly said...

Alice -- I don't believe that mankind will ever achieve peace without divine intervention. I just don't think we can, because even if you and I manage it, what of the neighbors? My post will be up at 5:00 a.m. HST.

Travis Cody said...

Indeed! It begins with us.

Peace to you and yours!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Quilly - I believe that as humans make changes within themselves, Divine Intervention happens automatically. Our thoughts/feelings/actions speak 1000+ words... and from our 'mouth' to God's ear (so to speak).

Hi Travis... Great to see you!! Yes, it does indeed begin with us.