Friday, November 06, 2009

New Phone... and more

My plans for today were to do a bunch of work around the house. Dan called and asked if I'd like him to come by and put the storm door on the back door for me. I said yes, that would be great. While talking on the phone we also talked about the cordless phone set I'd bought at Canadian Tire Wednesday, how I wanted to return them because they really weren't what I wanted. I bought them because they were on sale, but there was another set there that I liked better so had decided to go back and exchange them. Dan said he'd drive me in to town. When we got to Canadian Tire it turned out that though they have the display of this set they don't actually carry it in their store, it's just one that some other CT stores carry and they can order it in for me if I'd like. I told them how stupid that is to have demo sets of things they don't even carry, makes a person want what they can't get... and I left. I didn't get really rude or anything, just to the point. We drove to MFT which is a clearance store and has all kinds of things, including electronics. They had cordless phone sets with 4 handsets and they were way more than I wanted to spend, though I know they were at a very good price compared to other stores. We then went to WalMart who didn't have what I wanted in stock either. So finally we drove to Kelowna, a city about 45 minutes from here, to the Canadian Tire store there as I'd been told they had them there. Sure enough, I got the phone set I wanted there. They are now plugged in to charge so I can use them. My cordless phone that I had in the bedroom was really old and the battery died in it. The cordless, hands free phone I use every day is nearly at the end of the battery life, only staying charged for very short periods of time so needing to be hung up every time you use it... and it sometimes makes squealing noises so I think it's near the end of its life period. So it was time for new phones. I already have a digital answering machine, so will give that to the thrift store. It was 2nd hand when given to me, so now I'll pass it on to the next person. These new phones have a place to plug in a head set which I like to use so I can be hands free while talking, so I can wash dishes or be on computer. There are also some other cool things about these phones. Should be good.


So I was gone from home far longer than planned. The storm door didn't get onto the house and other than some dishes being washed no cleaning was done here. Not good. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day and maybe I'll get some stuff done then, and maybe not. Tuggy came by today and I talked to Bev on the phone. Tuggy & I are going to Bev's place tomorrow, nearly an hour drive from here, to look at her Yamaha 650 motorcycle that had a carport fall on it last winter. If Tuggy likes the looks of it all it will be part of my new Trike. I would like the 750, but if there's less work and expense to building the 650 then so be it, likely still lots of power anyway. I'll take my trailer out behind my truck, just in case I need to bring the 650 back, then take it out to Tuggy's, about 1/2 hour in the other direction.

No comments: