Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Good (& Peace Full) Day

Day 16


Today was a good one, if you don't count the weather, haha.

I got a call from a lady that comes to my Spiritual Centre, which helped me to wake up (good thing). She wasn't going to be at the service this morning, so called to reserve 4 tickets for Pasta Productions. After chatting with her for a bit I got up and ready then left with Reba in the back of the truck, as usual.

I was the Presider (sort of like an MC) for the service at my Spiritual Centre. This is a job I very much enjoy, standing up in front of the congregation to share the announcements for the day as well as introduce the people doing various jobs, and read the "Thought for the Day"... stuff like that. "They" say that public speaking is one of the top 3 fears in the world, and yet I love it. Some days I do have some nervousness, but rarely and not a lot even when I do. It was a great service, followed by social time. Andree brought some really great pumpkin pies to share with us.

After everyone else left, I stayed and did some work on Pasta Productions. I printed out more tickets and cut them from the sheets of 8, numbered all of them, put away the money from the ticket sales so far, put reserved tickets into envelopes with names of who they are for... that type of thing. Oh, also printed out the posters I designed so we can put them up around town.

I went to two different places to pick up things from Freecycle. One is a telephone bench, the other a 4 drawer storage thing on wheels. Then up to the Dog Park for a walk with Reba. That's when I realized I'd forgotten to take my jacket today, and my gloves. It was rather chilly and most people were bundled up in big jackets and scarves/gloves, and there I was wearing a cotton t-shirt type top with a vest over it, what I wore to the Centre today. With it sprinkling rain, a bit windy, and that cool, I just went once around the park.

While walking, I was texting with my friend Wendy whos estranged husband and still good friend just died on Thursday. I convinced her to come out for coffee with me at Tim Horton's. We had a good, fairly long visit. I think it did her good to get out. I'm trying to be as supportive as possible. My ex-husband died of a brain anurism at age 44, about 9 1/2 years ago now, and over 20 years after we split up. I was surprised at how much grief I had to go through after so many years. I've also had several other people in my life pass away, so I know what grief is and hope that can make what Wendy is going through at least a little easier. She has been with Gord since she was 19, and is somewhere around 60 now.

I phoned Mom on my cell on the way home and had a nice chat with her. She's not been feeling well and still isn't, but it sounds like she's getting at least a little better. With her being 85 years of age it's a bit scary to have her get sick. I got home as we talked and come in the house. When we hung up I went out to the truck and brought in the telephone bench and the storage thing. The storage thing was filthy, so I washed it all really well and washed the phone bench too. The phone bench needs its cushions replaces because one is flattened from use, otherwise it's in good shape.

After resting my back a bit I went into the loom room and vacuumed all the rolls of weaving thread that were covered in dust (my pellet stove is in that room and gets rather dusty). Once they were all vacuumed I put them into the drawers of the storage thing, along with tools for weaving.

It's good to have all that done. Now I'm watching Desperate Housewives and about to watch Brother And Sisters, my Sunday night shows, haha.

1 comment:

clairesgarden said...

great finds from freecycle, there are some active groups here I've had some good gardening stuff from them. its a bit chilly here too, I wouldn't want to be out walking without a coat, Reba always has her furry coat with her, lucky girl!