Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sandon, BC Canada

I figured you might enjoy seeing some of the other photos I took at Sandon, the ghost town I told you about in the last post, where I took the photo of the foot bridge.


Sandon Museum & Visitor's Centre
Get a load of some of this old stuff outside. I'd love to have a wheelbarrow like that... no flat tire on that one (unlike my fancy new one), and I love that gas pump. I know that at that time it was gallons, not litres, and I wonder how much per gallon gas was. Not much I'd bet.


City Hall
"Watch your step leaving the building, folks. First step is the worst!" Haha. It looks like it was in the process of getting a new coat of paint.
I think some of the old houses are being lived in, but not sure if this one is. I wouldn't be surprised, though.

Some displays of very old items.

Tin Cup Cafe
So far as I know, this cafe is in use during 'tourist season' when lots of people go to explore the ghost town.

Notice, on the photo above, up on the hill, there is 'something' there? A flick of the zoom lens and this is a closer photo of what is up there. I took another one zoomed in a bit more, but this one shows more of the area with it. I'm not sure what any of this was used for.

Need I explain this one?
Ya, I thought not, haha.

Molly Brown's Brothel
Really, lol.
Here is a front view of the Brothel so you can enlarge it (by clicking on it) and see the sign on the veranda railing.


This fire hydrant is in the field beside the brothel. You can see it out there in the first picture of the brothel.
I took all of these photos in Sandon, BC, Canada on October 2, 2006.
I was driving Mom in her car, on this flying day and a half trip, covering as much road as possible while still taking a soak in a hot spring. While in Sandon I wanted to take lots of photos, Mom was saying "We don't have time, lets go" or words to that effect, and I was snapping the shots from behind the steering wheel Never once did I get out of that car while in Sandon. One day I'd like to go back there, during their open season, and take a day or so to wander around and explore, enjoy seeing the tools, etc, that were used all those years ago in this silver mining town, once a thriving city.

If interested in more information on Sandon, check out these links:

1 comment:

Carletta said...

Great photos for just taking them from the car. I would have had to explore!
This looks like a very neat place to walk around.

Thanks for sharing.