Sunday, August 24, 2008

Manic Monday


Mo, at It's A Blog Eat Blog World, is the creator of Manic Monday. Each week, he gives a word for us to post about in any way we choose. I often choose a photograph, or a story. Today I wrote a poem, haha. The word this week is Club.

In my lifetime, I've belonged to many clubs, belong to one now, and will likely belong to others in the future.

Some I've belonged to in the past include:
- Northern Saddle Club
- Junior Trail Riders Club
- 4H Club
- Collectors Club
- a Line Dancers club
- Spinners & Weavers club
-
I have, in the past, frequented many night clubs to socialize and to fill my cravings to dance my feet off each night.

I have the feeling I'm forgetting something, but oh well, I'm tired and not feeling quite up to par tonight so am doing good to remember these ones, haha.

I currently belong to one of the local Toastmasters Clubs. We have been 'shut down' for the summer, since June 23, and will be starting up again September 8. I am the new VP of Membership for my club.

I often think about joining other clubs, for example, the Camera Club so I could learn better photographic skills, and meet people of 'like mind'. However, I have so many things happening already that I just have a hard time fitting more in. Talking to Mom today I said I'd want a clone except most of what I do I would not want to turn over to her... then she'd be doing it and not me. Mind you, she could do the house work, yard work, clean critter cages... no she couldn't because she'd have the same back as I do, not condusive to such work, that's why it doesn't get done now. That and the time thing, haha. She could help Reba do her blog, I guess, and some of the volunteer work I do at The Centre, though mostly I like doing those jobs, haha.

Well folks, I think I'm All Clubbed Out!
Haha.

EVERYONE is welcome to COMMENT!
Please only leave a link on Mr. Linky if you are playing Manic Monday!!

I'm sorry that Mr. Linky won't work. I discovered that I can only use it in one post per day, and this week that one post per day will be BRIDGING THE GAP, the photo challenge I am hosting. So, just comment as usual. Thanks for your visit.





Have a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in the 4H too... Not much clubbing going on these days though!

anthonynorth said...

I must admit, I've never been a 'club' person. The Toastmaster Clubs we have over here in the UK are interesting though.

bv said...

I liked your idea of a clone...until you mentioned the draw backs! This will prove useful someday if a genie ever pops out of a bottle on me.

Genie: Three wishes are yours
Me: I would like a clone BUT I do not want the clone to have any of my physical limitations!

POOF!

Conclusion: My clone is spending her time weeding, vacuuming, putting laundry away and COOKING!

I would miss some of these tasks so perhaps I would be better off asking the genie for 36 hours in each day (except then I would need to think up conditions/disclaimers on my own to avoid getting something comprobable to the clone with a bad back!)

Random ramblins, sorry! I enjoyed reading your post. Happy Manic Monday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How ya doin' girl?

Travis Cody said...

My stepdad was in Toastmasters too. Congratulations and good luck with your position!

Ivanhoe said...

Wow! You are one busy lady. It was nice clubbing with you :o)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting bunch of clubs! :)