Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Question for You!

I have written some replies to the comments left here lately. I used to do this all the time, yet have gotten away from it due to time restraints. What I want to know is this:

When you leave comments on someone else's blog, do you go back later to see if they replied to your comment??

I think that for the most part, people likely don't bother doing so. I know that I don't anyway. I click on links at the 'site' ( for example, Camera Critters or Wordless Wednesday), go see the post, comment, and leave. Half the most of the time I don't even remember which blogs I've visited, so couldn't/ wouldn't go back to see if they replied to what I said. I do often visit Quilly and a few other blogs, and I do check to see if Quilly has replied because I know that most of the time she does.

Please leave me your answer to this question. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alice -- I know you answer so I come back. I am getting ready to ask the same question on my blog. I visit about 70 different blogs, and I could seriously cut down my blogging time if I quit writing answers, but I don't want to end a favored feature (if it is) and lose my connection to my friends.

Gattina said...

Once I have done a comment on a blog I never come back ! If somebody wants to answer me or comment on my comment (sounds good hehe,) he/she should come over and comment on my blog or send me an email. Otherwise I would spend the whole day to see if somebody has commented my comments !

storyteller said...

Like you (and Quilly), I respond to comments on my blogs … though sometimes I fall behind at times. I do always click the little box to receive follow up comments in email when I leave a comment on a Blogger site (and use co.mments.com to ‘track’ responses) rather than ‘returning’ to check … but I do return after receiving the email if I have something else to add to the conversation. I didn’t ask this question today, but wish I had. Maybe I’ll go back and add it to my Fun Monday post. I do sometimes wonder how many visitors ever SEE my responses, but like Quilly said ... it's the 'connection' that matters to me.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Well, it is a good idea and a great way to get multiple comments on your blog by responding to them. If people know that you respond to comments they will come back and more than likely comment again. Unfortunately I don't have the time to respond to the comments individually. If someone asks a question and I can respond via e-mail I try to do so.