Monday, August 18, 2008

Manic Monday

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


Mo, at It's A Blog Eat Blog World, is the creator of Manic Monday. Each week, he gives a word for us to post about in any way we choose. I often choose a photograph, or a story. Today I wrote a poem, haha. The word this week is WAX.


Wax Tips & Facts

Wax your skis
Wax the floor
Wax poetic
But don’t wax the door.

Wax in your candle
Wax in your ears
Wax in your jam jars
But no wax in your tears.

Wax from fats
Wax from oils
Wax from the honey bee,
A result of his toils.

Wax your car
Wax your face
Wax even for
That ‘special’ place.

Wax can be melted
Wax can be poured
Wax in your cupboard
Can even be stored.

Wax your moustache
Wax your brow
Wax the cat not,
That’d make it meeOWWW!

Wax your legs
Wax with grace
Wax your opponent
Each time that you race.


By Alice Price


Happy Manic Monday!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well its like a little poem

Barb said...

I love to wax poetic! Have you ever tried One Single Impression? It's a community of poets writing and sharing haiku and other poetic forms. Each week there's a new prompt to inspire your writing. We invite participants to share ideas for prompts, too. Why not join us? I started a new blog just for my haiku recently, but you should check out the OSI blog if you enjoy writing and reading all forms of poetry! http://onesingleimpression.blogspot.com/

Travis Cody said...

I like it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love it.

Gayle said...

I love it...you are very creative!