Monday, May 05, 2008

Heads or Tails & Alphabet Photo Challenge "F"


Awhile back, Skittles started her own meme/challenge that she calls Heads or Tails. This is a great game and this week's theme/prompt is:

This week's theme/prompt is:
HEADS - Mother




Alphabet Photo Challenge
originated at
Quilly's Pacific Paradise, and runs for the first 26 days of May. Each day you post photos that you took, that have to do with that days letter. Are you interested in viewing my earlier letters?


I'm sure that a lot of people will use flowers for F, so I didn't want to do that. I like to be unique. However, when I read that Heads or Tails is "Mother" for the upcoming Mother's Day, well, it just fit to use flowers. After all, what mother doesn't like to get flowers on Mother's Day? So, I apologize for not being more exciting than this tonight, lol.


Agnes brought this beautiful vase of flowers to church on Sunday. I got to bring them home, so am still enjoying them. Agnes, I've been told, has an incredible garden, and I am going to go visit her one day soon to have a look at it, and maybe get some plants from her. Agnes, a long time member of our church is an elderly lady and yes, a mother.

These flowers were brought by Hannah, our pianist and Rev. Dale's wife... also my friend.
Hannah is also a mother, and a step mother. Notice how the colors match here.

Friends are very important to me. Here are 3 valued friends at The Centre. Hannah, Marshall & Chris. Marshall is a teenager, so I felt it only right to disguise him here as I don't have his parental permission to post his picture online. I do, however, have permission from Chris and Hannah. I'm not sure what it was that Chris was showing them on the piano. Also, again with the flowers. (Just for the record... I do have more friends than this, haha)

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please (after leaving a comment of course) visit other players of both Heads or Tails and Alphabet Photo Challenge.

.

13 comments:

Juliana RW said...

great post for Mother :D and the flowers looks beautiful

My mother story in here thanks

Robert said...

Well you can't go wrong with flower pictures in my opinion. Thanks for sharing them for "F".

Barb said...

The flowers are so beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's day!!! I love this meme.. it suits the occasion.

Misty DawnS said...

Great post! The flowers are beautiful!

Natalie said...

Flowers! What a perfect gift for mommies!

Jientje said...

You managed to blend those two memes together perfectly!
I joined in for the first time today!

Anonymous said...

Ah, very celever to get together the story like that!!! Really beautiful flowers too.

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Karen Coutu said...

The yellow and blue are just beautiful together!!!

Minkydo said...

Such pretty flowers. I love the way the colors show up so brightly. Thanks for sharing.

Melli said...

Friends and Flowers are GREAT "Fs"! And you're right - I bet all mothers love to get flowers!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I LOVE flowers!

Travis Cody said...

I see nothing wrong with posting lovely pictures of flowers.

Cheers!