Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Alphabet Photo Challenge - - H


Alphabet Photo Challenge
originated at Quilly's Pacific Paradise, and runs for the first 26 days of May. Each day you post photos that you took, that have to do with that days letter. Are you interested in viewing my earlier letters?


One of my favorite smells.... HAY, fresh cut and drying in the field.

Small square bales of hay.

Big round bales of hay.


And to eat the hay... another of my big loves... HORSES!
Though I have had horses in my life in a reasonably big way, none of the ones I show here have been. These are all more recent ones that I've photographed in their fields. I do so miss 'my' horses.



Check out my Thursday 13 post too for more alphabet 'stuff'. Just scroll down.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I liked your idea here. Kinda fun too. :D

Anonymous said...

This looks very fun. Post a picture that you took with the corresponding letter of the day. :D

Anonymous said...

I've read your older post. Its very interesting. Very nice idea. :D

Sandy M said...

Great way to list the 13.

Anonymous said...

I guess games or challenge like this will be liked by all.

Gattina said...

Oh, I love the smell of hay too !! and laying in hay looking at the blue sky is just a wonderful feeling. I am not so sure about horses, I am a little afraid of them.

Robert said...

I really like the last one a lot. It captures a mood. Very nicely done.

Melli said...

WOW! My first question WAS going to be if that was YOUR farm! But I guess you answered that by telling me they are not your horses! That is one GORGEOUS farm though!!! My youngest daughter is an equestrian -- she LOVES to ride Western! Her dream is to have a farm one day! Do you suppose those people would sell?

In regard to your H - we have a field out in front of our house -- it's maybe 3 or 4 acres... one of the local farmers takes care of it -- and I always love it when they cut the hay! It DOES smell good!

juliana said...

wow, hay and horses... fabulous.
(my H is connected with hay as well)

Anonymous said...

Hay and horses! what great choices and beautiful pictures for H!!

Dr.John said...

I love horses and used to cut hay. But I don't have a single horse picture. Glad to see yours.

Minkydo said...

Gorgeous pictures. I much prefer hay in picture form than real form due to allergies :)

Carletta said...

Ahh - the smell of fresh mowed hay - nothing like it!
Lovely horses.

Baba said...

Hi Alice, thanks for sharing your great photos for today's letter of "H'..My granddaughter loves horses and has won a few ribbons for her talent with jumping...My oldest daughter was also into horses..thanks for your visit to my place today..

Anonymous said...

Look! All I did was glance at your photos and the rash starts popping up. Oh mama, I'm itchin!