Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Quote of the Day

Man is made or unmade by himself. In the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself. He also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace.

-- James Allen --


I would say that James Allen is right on the mark with this quote. It is a fact that we do create our own lives and experiences by what we choose to think, and by the emotions those thoughts evoke within us. For example, if I choose to focus my thoughts on what I don't have, it would really make me feel awful, I would likely become depressed, I may decide to go out and commit a crime in order to get the things I don't have. However, because I do choose to focus my thought energy on what I do have and am grateful for in my life, I feel really good inside, a swelling feeling of joy comes over me. I have everything I need in my life, and as I decide I want things, they just somehow show up for me. I wanted a travel trailer and pooof! I got one given to me for free, because I was open to it. Life is really incredible when we just allow it to be. Our attitude towards life, coupled with our thoughts and feelings create our experiences... pure and simple.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Quote. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Right. Thanks James Allen.